Egg biryani or Egg Dum Biryani is one of the popular Egg recipes among the Biryani lovers.If you feel cooking chicken or mutton to perfection is a tedious task then Egg Biryani is the most easiest Biryani you will enjoy cooking.
Its fast and doesn’t require any kind of advance preparation like marination like in the case of chicken or mutton. If you are looking to cook biryani quickly, then try Egg Biryani recipe. Among the biryani recipe, Egg Biryani is the easiest biryani recipe. It’s one of the popular Egg recipes.
Egg Dum Biryani recipe for 6 people
1) Cooking Oil : 10 tbsp oil
2) 12 to 18 Boiled Eggs (shell removed) , prick holes in boiled eggs with a toothpick,
3) Whole Spices : 5 Green Cardamom, 1 Big Black Cardamom, 3 inch Cinnamon sticks, 1 Star Anise, 5 Black Pepper, 5 Cloves, 1 Javitri phool
4) Ginger Garlic Paste : 6 spoons
5) 2 Onions + Birista (Ready Fried Onions) 2 Handful
6) Biryani Powdered Spices : You may try Everest Shahi Biryani Masala
7) Other spices powders 1 Teaspoon each : Jeera Powder, Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric half spoon and salt as per taste
8) Green Chillies 5
9) Tomatoes 6
10) Curd : 100 grams
11) 1 kg biryani / basmati rice
12) Coriander and Pudina leaves are optional
1) Wash and Soak the 1 kg basmati rice in lot of water for 1 hour before cooking
2) Take a Pan, add some oil and turmeric and place the pan on light flame. Add the boiled Eggs to it and roll them so that the Eggs take the colour of turmeric and get a bit fried but maintain its softness on the outer side.
3) In a pot to prepare our Egg biryani gravy, add some oil and put on the Gas flame.
4) Lightly heat up the oil on Gas flame and add the whole spices mentioned above.
5) Stir the whole spices in light warm oil for 2 mins.
6) Now put gas on medium flame and add 6 spoons of ginger garlic paste immediately and start stirring till the ginger garlic loses its raw smell.
7) Cut the 2 onions into thin slices.
8) Now add the slices of onion to the hot oil and cook till the onion gets a golden colour. Keep stirring the onion in oil so that it doesn’t burn or stick to the bottom of the pot.
9) After the onion cooks to golden colour, add the ready fried onions to it so as to ensure enough gravy gets created for the biryani.
10) Cook the combination for 2-3 mins.
11) Now add sliced Tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes melts in the pot.
12) Add salt to taste.
13) Mix 100 grams of Curd with all the powdered spices and Biryani spice and add it to the gravy and mix it well.
14) Once the gravy seems to be getting ready, add the boiled Eggs to the gravy and mix it well and cook for another 2 mins on low flame.
15) Cook basmati rice with whole spices, salt and separate the water from the rice once the rice is cooked and ready.
16) Layer the hot steaming Rice and above prepared Egg Gravy in a thick bottom container. Sprinkle Rose or Kewda water on the top of the rice. You may also spread some Ghee over the rice.
17) Prepare the container so that we set our Egg biryani for Dum process by sealing the container mouth with lid and make sure that the steam doesn’t escape.
18) Keep the sealed container on low flame for 10 mins.
19) Now open the lid and experience the flavours and aromas of biryani spices escaping with the trapped steam from the biryani.
20) We are now ready to serve, piping hot Egg biryani with some sides like raita made from curd, chopped onion and cucumber.